Adoption, Fostering & Children In Care
What is adoption and who can apply?
Adoption is where a child legally becomes a member of a new family and has one or two new parents. If you are at least 21 years old and can provide a permanent, stable and caring home, your application to adopt will be welcomed. There is no upper age limit.
Becoming a foster care giver
Anyone can apply to be a foster care giver, so long as they have the qualities needed to look after children who cannot live with their parents. There is no maximum age limit for being a foster care giver.
Who can apply?
You can apply to be a foster care giver:
- whether you have your own children or not
- if you are single, married or living with a partner
- if you are in or out of work
- whether you live in your own home or rent
- whatever your race, religion or sexuality